These days we are all in the midst of a lot more online meetings and presentations. How can you present your best (virtual) self in these situations?
One way is to have a listen to my recent Communication on Point podcast where you will learn so many different things, including why:
- You should pre-record your presentation, and watch yourself with the sound off
- You should begin reading children’s books out loud immediately
- Your lighting scheme matters (FYI you shouldn’t look like you’re in the witness protection program or just up from growing mushrooms in the basement)
- Your mirror is your unlikely, best, new colleague
- You need to check the weather forecast – despite the fact that we’re staying inside
- And – yes—why I am wearing an eye mask in the photos, above.
I hope you enjoy it! I promise you’ll receive a boatload of information in a quick 30 minutes.
Again, here’s the link and if you have any new, best practices please let me know those, too!
For more on how to run an effective virtual team, check out “Feels Like (Virtual) Team Spirit”