If you’ve been reading my blog for a bit, you know I have the amazing opportunity of appearing on the Art of Manliness’ podcasts; this ongoing endeavor is called “Ask Frances.”
Today, I’m thrilled to be sending along my third installment for them.
Here’s a brief description:
In today’s edition, Frances provides tips on what to do if you lose your train of thought while speaking, how to avoid coming across like a know-it-all, how to handle a braggart at the office, and an extremely timely topic with a presidential election less than a month away: how to discuss politics tactfully and respectfully with someone with differing political views.
- What to do when you lose your train of thought in a conversation so you still look like a boss
- Why you shouldn’t make a big deal about losing your train of thought, nor pretend like it’s not happening
- How to recover from tripping over your words (and why you shouldn’t apologize for it)
- Why pen and paper can be the ultimate conversation hack in the office
- How to not come across like a know-it-all while still sharing what you know
- How to handle a braggart
- What to do when you feel outclassed at work or in your personal life
- How to tactfully get rid of the office chatterbox
- Should you put headphones on to keep people from talking to you?
- How to talk politics civilly
I hope you have a chance to tune in here.
As always, I look forward to your thoughts—and questions!